Have you ever had one of those days where is seemed like everything just decided it didn't like you, or everything when wrong? Well we recently had a string of incidents happen to us and all of it started after I had reported a drunk driver. On the 16th of June or there about I was headed home from my Mothers and came upon this driver who after departing from their driveway started to drive very erratically, in short....THEY WERE ALL OVER THE DARN ROAD!!! Scared the beejeebezz out of me!! Well I did the right thing and called 911. After about 7 minutes of telling them where they were headed what they were doing and what direction they were headed in I came upon a patrol car setting at the side of the road. I slowed down to let the patrol car get in between us and sure enough it was the deputy sheriff that the office had notified and they pulled the card over. 10 minutes later I got a phone call from the deputy telling me that the person behind the wheel was indeed under the influence and was going to jail. Oh happy day right?????? WRONG.
The day after all of this happened I went out side to get some yard work done. The trimmer wouldn't start. There was something wrong with the fuel tank. The riding mower wouldn't start the battery wouldn't hold a charge and the push mower just completely fell apart!!! Now this is not all that happened to me. Two day's later Mom asked me if I would come over and we would get some things done and taken care of at her house. I told her I wanted to go to the gym that day and I'd be by about 10am. Well when I got to Mother's she was asleep and because of her heart condition. I didn't want to wake her so like a dummy I left my work clothes there and went to the gym. I'm down there a couple of hours just really enjoying myself. I take a shower, head to my locker and I hear my cell phone ring. There was three messages on my cell phone all from my husband. He recorded, "Where are you?" "I going to send out the sheriff if you don't call me!" So I called. He and Mom had been trying to find me for the last half hour. I had told them both I would be at the gym.
Then the next day, here I was again at the gym trying to work out. I got home and hubby called. He needed me to run an errand. So after 5 minutes in my easy chair I was off and running again. This time I had to take the dog with me. All I can say is thank the Creator for my Ford pickup. That ole boy took good care of my dog in this heat. I would leave her in the truck with the AC running. Heck she was cooling than I was, and lovin every minute of it. This included the circus side show she put on when Hubby came out when we got to where he was working. It was a mad dash into the back set, back to the front, through the window on the passengers side, three laps around the truck and back in over my lap!!!! Charlie is a big dog so this was really something to see. Show off!!!
Well we have still had a few more mishaps around here but it looks like there starting to settle down. But all of this has brought me back to the question.....was calling in that driver worth it??
No comments:
Post a Comment